Product Specifications: Dimensional Tolerances
Note: All PDF files will open in a new window.
Eagle Aluminum Cast Products - Perm Mold
- Permanent Mold and Green Sand Dimensional Guidelines (PDF, 80K)
- Typical tolerance held: +/-.063" (Sand) Perm mold - +/- .015 first inch and additional .002" for every additional inch.
- Typical weight range:
- Perm mold -Anything under 1 lb. to 50 lbs.,
- Sand mold -competitive for 10 lbs. to 100 lbs.
- Largest overall dimensions:
- Perm mold - Capability of running a casting up to 55" in length and currently running 55" in diameter on one particular casting
- Sand mold - we are capable of running around 80" in length with largest flask size. Largest flask is 33 x 78"
- Typical production quantity:
- Perm mold - Any where from 100 - 5,000 per run depending on size of part.
- Sand Mold - 50-1000 is typical. Annual Volumes - 2,000 + for perm mold and 500 + for sand mold.